5 Steps for Writing a Research Paper on Autism
August 31, 2015 - Posted to Catchy Research Paper Topics
Research Paper on Autism
Step 1: Start with a Basic Understanding of the Topic
Autism is more accurately referred to as Autism Spectrum Disorder. It is a neuro-psychiatric condition that verbal communication, non-verbal communication, and social skills. There are even physical symptoms that are associated with autism spectrum disorder such as toe walking, lack of pain sensitivity, sensory issues, and even gastro-intestinal problems. Individuals with ASD are often referred to as being on the spectrum. Because of movies like ‘Rain Man’ many people associate autism with savantism. In reality, this phenomenon is extremely rare. In fact, the most common comorbid diagnosis associated with ASD is an intellectual disability.
Step 2: Selecting a Topic
The subject of autism is way too broad and complex for a single research paper. For this reason, you will need to narrow your focus a bit more. Not to worry, there are plenty of essay topics to choose from. Here is a great list that we have put together:
- What level of damage has been done by pseudo-scientists and celebrities making false claims about the association between vaccinations and autism?
- What are the best ways to educate the public about autism?
- How can early interventions change the futures of kids with autism?
- In what ways can school officials help a child on the spectrum if their parents are in denial or uncooperative.
- How can occupational therapy benefit a child with ASD?
- Discuss the changes in the DSM-V regarding autism.
- Compare and contrast the educational opportunities of a child with ASD today with a child who received a diagnosis 20 years ago.
- How can public heal officials convince people that shots do not cause autism.
- Should parents who refuse vaccinations for their children be allowed to send them to school?
- What are the pros and cons of push in versus pull out when it comes to kids on the spectrum?
- Discuss the best ways to support siblings of a person with ASD
- What is the best way to transition somebody with ASD from school based services to community based services.
Step 3: Do your Research
One issue of concern when writing research papers on autism is finding sources that are reliable and verifiable. There is a lot of bad science and myth that is presented as researched truth that in can be impossible to write a paper on autism without dealing with this information. This means that your job is to rely on scientific information that can be verified.
Step 4: Write the outline and rough draft
Now that your research is done, it is time to begin writing. Since you have done such an excellent job with your research, you are ready to begin writing your outline and rough draft. This means that you are ready to begin finishing off the process of writing your paper.
Step 5: Getting Assistance with Your Autism research Paper
At Glorious Essays, we are always happy to help students with their research papers. If you need help with writing research papers our writers will be there for you.